Austin Energy Air Conditioner Rebate Program
- Installation address must be served by Austin Energy Electric.
- For residential, only existing structures qualify for the rebate.
- Application for incentive payment must be received by Austin Energy no later than 60 days after installation.
- The HVAC efficiency level must be listed on www.ahrinet.org web site.
- HVAC systems installed with electric resistance heating elements do not qualify.
- Both Condensing Unit and Evaporator Coil must be replaced.
- For greater comfort and energy savings, rebates are available for duct sealing and replacement through Austin Energy's Home Performance with Energy Star Program.
- Incentive payments will be made to the purchaser of the qualifying equipment after verification of the efficiency and on-site inspection by an Austin Energy representative, to assure compliance with program guidelines. in cases of dispute, the owner of the installation address will be given the incentive.
- To receive the air conditioning or heat pump incentive, the unit must both meet SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and the EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) minimum requirement.
- The process from Austin Energy's receipt until payment, take 4 to 6 weeks. Incomplete or incorrect information will delay this process and may cause your request for incentive payment to be denied.
- Mechanical inspections for all installations requiring full permits must be arranged through the building inspection division at 512-974-6406. HVAC equipment must be installed in accordance with the City of Austin's Energy/Mechanical/Electrical codes.
- Commercial customers with A/C units of 5.0 or less tons will qualify regardless of Electric Rate Class.
- For air duct sealing, duct replacement, attic insulation, or home sealing, we recommend rebates through the Home Performance with Energy Star Program. For additional information, please call 512-482-5346 or visit http://www.austinenergy.com/go/rebates.
- Mail to: City of Austin - Austin Energy, Attn: Rebate Processing Section, 721 Barton Springs Rd., Austin TX 78704-1194 or Fax to 512-482-5373.
Funding for these programs is limited.
Programs are subject to change without notice.