What is an Evaporator Coil?
The two main components of an air conditioner are the condenser and the evaporator coil. An evaporator coil is a vital part of the cooling system because it removes heat from indoor air and transfers it into a refrigerant. Next, the condenser removes the heat from the refrigerant and transfers that heat outdoors and the cold air gets pushed in via the air ducts.
Evaporator Coil Problem Signs
- Warm air blowing through the air vents
- Air conditioner turns on and off frequently without effective cooling
- Strange sounds, such as hissing, clanging, or banging
- Leaks around the indoor unit
- The air conditioner won’t turn on
If it feels like your AC is no longer running as efficiently as it used to, call AC Express now for a maintenance check! 512-745-6516
< Back to AC Repair Services