AC and Heating Tip from AC Express
House Maintenance Tips for Summer
At AC Express, we care about you and the comfort of your family. We also care about the well being of your home and your wallet! We always want to to let our customers know the variety of ways they can keep their homes in great condition beyond just the air conditioning system. We are strong advocates of preventative maintenance in every way. Here are some maintenance tips to try out for your home this summer, and many summers to come.
- Check deck or patio for possible deterioration and safety hazards such as loose boards and protruding nails.
- Check electrical outlets for potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Be sure not to overload electrical outlets, fuse boxes, extension cords or any other power service.
- Check all window and door locks to ensure correct functioning. Make sure all locks are secure and there are no holes in any of the screens.
- Inspect recreational equipment for proper operation and possible dangers (e.g., Are swing sets secure, and do they contain any rusty bolts?).
- Carefully inspect your toilet. Look for the erosion of plastic floater valves, and check all pipe connections.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter.
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust and pieces of material.
- Inspect washing machine hoses periodically, and replace hoses that show signs of wear or leakage.
If you're in need of repairs or maintenance for your home air conditioning system, call AC Express right away! Our certified technicians can respond same-day. Call now! 512-745-6516
Tip of the Day Archive