AC and Heating Tip from AC Express
9 Signs That It's Time for a New Air Conditioner
If your AC system is displaying any of the following signs, you should consider investing in a new system as soon as possible!
- Your system is over ten years old. Most central air conditioning units operate efficiently for between 10 - 15 years. After the 10 year mark, it may be time to consider an air conditioning replacement system, especially if you're experiencing other problems as well. After this time, you will likely begin to incur more costs of maintenance and operation.
- Your system requires frequent repairs. If this is the case, stop throwing cash into an old system, put the money into good use and replace the air conditioner with a more efficient, new unit. You will quickly realize many benefits of the investment, including lower bills, better cooling and energy savings.
- Your system uses the old refrigerant type, R-22, which the EPA is phasing out. As of 2010, R-22 system manufacturers were prohibited from any further production of the product, and by the year 2020, its production will be ceased.
- You experience uneven cooling in certain rooms or areas of your home. As an air conditioning system ages, it becomes less efficient, hence not cooling as required and leaving the users of the rooms not comfortable.
- Your home remains humid even while the system is running. This could be as a result of leaky duct work, inadequate equipment or poor, aging equipment.
- Your home has excessive dust. If you can no longer keep up with dust, even though you change filters regularly, it's time to consider installing a new air conditioning system. Worn-out systems accumulate and blow dust back into the house.
- You hear strange noises coming from the indoor or outdoor AC equipment. This could be the result of improperly operating air-blowers or cooling equipment, or indoor coils.
- Your energy bills have been rising. This means that your home energy usage is above average and you could be paying more than necessary on your energy bills.
- Your A/C system quits on you when you need it most. Central air conditioning is a necessity for many homeowners. If you can't rely on your system to keep you cool at the most important times, then it may be time to replace your system.
If you're in need of repairs or maintenance for your home air conditioning system, call AC Express right away! Our certified technicians can respond same-day. Call now! 512-745-6516
Tip of the Day Archive