Thanksgiving Safety Tips
It’s easy to get caught up in all of the holiday action, especially when surrounded by family and friends. During Thanksgiving, a lot of time is spent in the kitchen, where there is also a lot of potential danger. Cooking is the leading cause of home fires on Thanksgiving Day and the chances of a fire nearly double from any other day. Be sure to stay alert and maintain safety in your home while enjoying the company of loved ones by keeping the following tips in mind.
- First and foremost, make sure your smoke alarms are in working order.
- Stay in your home while your turkey is cooking and be sure to check on it frequently.
- Turkey fryers must strictly be used outdoors.
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from the stove/oven.
- Keep the floor clear of any obstructions.
- Stay in the kitchen while you’re cooking food on the stove.
- Make sure all electrical cords are safely tucked away and not hanging off of the counter.
- Keep knives, matches, and lighters away from children.
Tip of the Day Archive