Air Conditioning Tip from AC Express
Top 5 Reasons Your AC System is Underperforming
Temperatures are rising again here in Austin, Texas! Now that you're probably running your air conditioner again, you might be noticing that your AC isn't cooling as efficiently as it used to. Here are a few reasons your Air Conditioning might not be performing as well as it was last season.
- Dirty Condenser Coils - The condenser coils of your AC unit carry the heat from inside your home to the outside. But, when these coils are caked with dirt and debris, they will retain that heat and make it harder to cool your home.
- Incorrectly Sized Unit - When purchasing a new Air Conditioning unit, it's important to get the proper size for your specific home, and keep in mind, bigger is not better in this case.
- Low Coolant - Your AC unit needs to remain properly charged in order to cool consistently. Too little (or even too much) coolant can spell problems for air efficiency in your home.
- Air Duct Leaks - Even if your AC unit is well maintained, appropriately sized, and properly charged, you may be losing precious cool air due to openings in your air ducts. Any leaks in the ducts need to be sealed immediately to keep your energy and cool air from going to waste.
- Clogged Filter - When you have a clogged filter, the air can’t flow as easily into your home. Your AC will have to work harder to pump cool air through the system. Plus, it's more likely to be contaminated with dust and other allergens. Regular air filter maintenance is the easiest, and one of the most vital tasks to keeping your AC System in good shape.
Do you suspect your HVAC system may be suffering due to one of the reasons we listed above? Give us a call here at AC Express and one of our knowledgeable technicians can help you get your AC back on it's feet! Call today 512-452-COLD
Tip of the Day Archive