Here are a few easy ways to prep your home so you and your family can enjoy the winter season in comfort.
- 1. Check walkways and driveways for cracks and treat with sealant. If your home lacks a proper walkway, take the weekend to lay down a simple brick trail to your front door. This will save you from a lot of slippery, muddy trouble later on.
- 2. Now that the days are shorter, you may be in need of an effective way to safely light the path to your door. Install low-voltage lighting or solar-powered yard lights along your walkway.
- 3. Now is a great time to tidy up the garage. Clean and organize all your summer yard tools that won’t be getting much attention in the coming months. It would also be a good idea to maintain your lawnmower with a tune-up so it will be ready to go come springtime.
- 4. Replace your outdoor hose faucet with a freeze-proof one. It will only take a couple of hours of your time and will save you all the hassle of a burst water pipe.
- 5. Check doors and windows for drafts and seal with weather-stripping and/or caulk where needed. This is a cheap and easy way to save you a great deal of on heating and air conditioning bills.
- 6. Keep a good amount of hooks and storage space near the main door to your house for coats, umbrellas, etc. Also, be sure to have a sturdy doormat for muddy shoes.
- 7. Maintain your washer and dryer to avoid the possibility of any flooding or lint fires.
- 8. Call professional heating and air conditioning company to come service your system. Without an annual checkup and cleaning, your air conditioning and heating units will wear out quickly, break down sooner, and even pump deadly carbon monoxide into your home. Call AC Express today for a free estimate. (512) 866-5520