Air Conditioning Tip from AC Express
Your Shortcut to AC Repair!
Not everyone is an expert in air conditioning repair but on really hot days you want your AC to work, and you want it to work NOW. Ac Express offers same-day service but there are many days when the demand exceeds the supply. When that is the case, try and check some of the following pointers to see if the problem can be fixed on your own!
When Your AC Fails to Run
- Check the plug. Did it come loose from the outlet or fall out?
- Check the outlet by unplugging the air conditioner and plugging in a different appliance of the same voltage (110 or 230).
- Did the fuse blow or the circuit breaker trip?
- Check that the outlet’s voltage meets the air conditioner’s needs.
When Air Flow Is Not Cool Enough
- Check the settings – is it set on “fan” only or “cool”?
- Is there a window or door open?
- Check that the filter is clean and unclogged.
- Is the unit blocked from outside? At least three feet of clearance behind the unit provides proper airflow.
Other Common Air Conditioning Repair Problems
- A plugged-in unit that fails to run may need a new power cord. Only a certified professional should change a cord in order to reduce the chance of electrocution or fire from an improperly-installed cord.
- Dirty condenser coils inside the unit cause frosting of the coils on the front of the unit. Air conditioner repair professionals can take the unit apart and service it.
- Air conditioners that sound as if they are just humming more than likely have a broken fan motor, which needs replacement.
If you're in need of repairs or maintenance for your home air conditioning system, call AC Express right away! Our certified technicians can respond same-day. Call now! 512-745-6516
Tip of the Day Archive