5 Ways To Cool Down Air-Conditioning Costs!
Heating and air conditioning your home takes up about 40% of your monthly utility bill. Try some of the following methods in order to reduce those costs!
- Lower your air conditioner thermostat to 78 degrees while you are home but let that number rise to a higher temperature while you are away.
- Install solar screens in the summer, which intercept up to 70% of solar energy before it gets into your home. They will do the job whether your windows are open or closed.
- Replace older room air conditioners with new units, preferably Energy-Star qualified units.
- Set the AC fan speed on low during humid days because the slower movement of the air throught the system removes more of the moisture. On non-humid days, set the fan speed on high.
- Turn on the kitchen exhaust after cooking and the bathroom fan after a hot shower to remove moisture and humidity from the source.