Air Conditioners in the Austin area are very much a basic necessity. That is why there is a great demand for almost all types of AC models. Split AC systems have become one of the most convenient options for cooling homes and offices, especially in urban areas, due to the convenient installation and minimum space required.
There are many types of split air conditioning units such as floor-mounted, wall-mounted and ceiling-mounted systems. Depending on the requirements and budget, you can choose the best option that suits your home. There are certain important factors that need to be considered before deciding to buy the Split AC systems.
Checklist before choosing split air conditioners:
- Size - Measure the size of the room before buying the split system since the cooling capacity of the unit largely depends on the room size. A unit that is too big for a living space could leave a damp feeling around and at the same time, a unit that is too small for the room would result in wastage of energy and money.
- Wall Damage - When installing a split air conditioner, there is a need to drill a hole in the wall which is not bigger than 3 inches in diameter. Consider this point before planning to invest in this system.
- Warranty - Check if there is warranty provided for the product that you purchase. This will ensure that if there is any problem or any replacement required, the service would be free of charge which would be done by the heating and cooling company. Reputable brands of AC units would have a warranty of about 4 - 5 years.
- Filtration System - Most of the split air conditioners would have a filtration system which has the filters that needs to be cleaned periodically.
- Star Rating - Make sure the split system you buy has energy rating labels that make the system more energy efficient.
- Installation by HVAC technician - Since the installation is a complex process in split type AC systems, you would require a qualified technician to install the product.
- Purchase Tubing - Apart from split air conditioning units, you must also buy tubing which is required for connecting the inner and the outer AC unit.
- Cost - Compare the prices and features of split air conditioning systems offered by various heating and cooling companies before deciding to buy them.