Air Conditioning Tip from AC Express
Home Air Conditioning Maintenance
Hey Austin! Want cool summers, warm winters and low power bills? Keep your cool and take a little time to maintain your home air conditioning system.
- Outside you home, the AC condenser coil should be kept clean. Vacuum out any debris that may have fallen in or around the unit. If your coil requires a chemical cleaning allow a trained technician to do it.
- Always trim any bushes or trees around your condensing unit and maintain two feet of clearance around the unit.
- Keep your coil clean inside the home as well. If your coils are not easy to get to, they may need to be cleaned by a professional.
- Check your condensate drain pans and clean them of any mold or growth. This should be killed using a 10:1 solution of bleach. 10 parts water to one part bleach as the strongest solution.
- Check your condensate drain lines outside to make sure they are clean and flow water freely without backing up.
- It is important to make sure lawn sprinklers are not spraying on the condensing unit.
- This is especially important if you have well water. Well water will make the condenser rust faster which is not covered under your warranty. Rinse the outside unit with city water once a month to help maintain it cleanliness.
If you're in need of repairs or maintenance for your home air conditioning system, call AC Express right away! Our certified technicians can respond same-day. Call now! 512-745-6516
Tip of the Day Archive