Air Conditioning Tip from AC Express
4th of July: AC and Safety Tips
Between parties, grilling, and fireworks, this holiday certainly makes for some good times. But a busy home can put a lot of strain on your cooling system that you’ll certainly feel on your wallet, as well. Keep your usage down and your comfort high with these tips:
1. Stay hydrated! The simplest way to beat the heat is from the inside, out.
2. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
3. If there’s a lot of indoors cooking to be done, try to get as much of it done as possible before your guests arrive. Less usage of your stove and oven means less heat generated.
4. Although fans don’t actually cool down a room, they do make people feel cooler. Place some fans around to optimize airflow and cool off guests without increasing your AC usage.
Improper use of fireworks can lead to injury or death.
To prevent injury, please keep these safety tips in mind:
1. Read all labels and instructions before igniting.
2. Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of fire or malfunction.
3. Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area, away from buildings, vehicles, and pets.
4. Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and placing them in a metal receptacle away from any flammable materials.
5. Never give fireworks to children. (Yes, even sparklers.)
6. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
We at AC Express hope you have a safe, cool and comfortable Independence Day this year and by following these tips you’ll be well on your way to doing just that.
Tip of the Day Archive