New AC Rebate Program
Save Money on Your Replacement; Call AC Express Today!
Replacing an air conditioner is a major expense—one where any savings whatsoever will make a huge difference for your wallet and your budget. Fortunately, if you know where to look, the savings are out there. One such savings can be found in Austin Energy Electric’s new HVAC equipment rebate program! Here at AC Express, we are proud to be a licensed installer who can outfit your home with new equipment that takes advantage of this available savings, helping you keep more money in your pocket where it belongs.
Learn more about installing a rebate-compliant HVAC system by calling AC Express at (512) 866-5520 today.
The Austin Energy Electric HVAC Rebate Program
Austin Energy is partnering with local installers to help Texans install more energy-efficient heating and cooling systems. Improving efficiency in HVAC equipment will significantly cut back on the amount of consumed energy, particularly during peak climate periods, and that benefits individual homeowners and the electrical grid itself alike. AC Express can help you take advantage of these additional incentives by working with you to select a qualifying replacement system and completing the installation in accordance with building codes and requirements.
Once the installation is completed, we will provide you with the documentation you need to submit to the City of Austin in order to qualify for the rebate.
When it’s time to replace your air conditioner, here are a few program guidelines you should follow.
- All new systems must have their efficiency level listed on AHRINet.org. Any systems not listed are not eligible.
- The installation must occur at an address served by Austin Energy.
- For residential applications, the installation must be a replacement of a previous system and not a new installation for a new build.
- All new installations must be a total replacement of both the condensing unit and the evaporator coil. Likewise, all units must meet SEER and EER minimum requirements set forth by Austin Energy.
- HVAC systems with electric resistance heating elements do not qualify.
- All commercial customers with AC units with a capacity of 5.0 or less tons will qualify, regardless of their electric rate class.
- Once the installation has been completed, the incentive will be paid out to the purchaser of the qualifying equipment after verification by an Austin Energy representative. This process may take four to six weeks to complete, and any incomplete or inaccurate information may delay this process or cause claims to be denied.
Once completed, send your rebate and all required documentation to:
City of Austin – Austin Energy
Attn: Rebate Processing Section
721 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin TX, 78704-1194
Get help with your new HVAC system rebate from the team at AC Express! Contact us today.